Mission & Vision
Luxembourg Institute of Health is a public biomedical research organisation. Striving for excellence, its researchers, by their creativity, enthusiasm and commitment, generate knowledge on disease mechanisms and contribute to the development of new diagnostics, preventive strategies, innovative therapies and clinical applications that impact the healthcare of Luxembourgish and European citizens.
LIH’s mission is to generate and translate research knowledge into clinical applications with an impact on the future challenges of health care and personalised medicine.
Vision statement & Goals
To put Luxembourg at the forefront of Biomedical Research.
To reach that vision, LIH has set the following goals for 2017:
- To be recognized by the international scientific community for the excellence of biomedical and translational research, while at the same time creating value for our local society
- To remain the national leader in biomedical and clinical research, implementing personalised medicine in our country in close collaboration with the health care providers and other stakeholders
- To remain the first supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, enabling public authorities to make decisions based on scientific data and to communicate validated data to international institutions
- To strengthen our position as reliable and active partner for training and higher education in close collaboration with national and international universities
Excellence - Integrity - Passion
- Excellence: Striving to be outstanding in the major challenges of biomedical research.
- Integrity: Applying the highest standards of scientific integrity with responsibility towards society.
- Passion: Foster passion, creativity and innovation to make a difference.